AUXILIARY X BCF
Oct 2017 - Mar 2018
$7500 + GST (all inclusive)
- 5 day research camping trip.
- Facility inductions at The Edge's Fabrication Lab , State Library of Queensland.
- All materials and consumables.
With AUXILIARY X BCF you will:
Develop design skills and knowledge at an industry standard
- Learn and apply visualisation, lo-fi model making and CAD skills.
- Learn and apply insight to strategy, market research and brief development skills.
- Learn and apply design presentation and pitch techniques.
Design a real outcome for a real client
- Experience the role of Industrial Designer for 17 weeks.
- Tackle a real design brief to meet strategic objectives of BCF.
- Develop, prototype and pitch a product to industry standards for further commercial development consideration.
Access industry leaders for mentorship and endorsement
- Be guided by 4 practising design professionals.
- Join AUXILIARY's extensive design network, linking you to local and international job opportunities.
- Have the opportunity for an internship with BCF.
Applications close: 20 Oct
The Edge facility inductions: 24/27 Oct
Camping trip: 8 Nov - 12 Nov
Studio sessions: Tues/Fri 4:30-8pm 14 Nov - 15 Dec
Christmas break: 16 Dec - 11 Jan
Studio sessions: Tues/Fri 4:30-8pm 12 Jan - 23 Mar
Easter break: 24 Mar - 19 Apr
Exhibition: 20 Apr