1. How did you get into design?
I have always been interested in building and manufacturing but for a long time didn’t know about Industrial Design as a career. I discovered it after reading an article in the paper about a local designer who spoke of the marriage between form and function and how he used design to solve problems.
2. What is your favourite part of the design process?
Physically making something, starting from low fi models through to high end working prototypes and manufacturing runs, this is what gets me going.
3. What’s your go-to source for news or inspiration?
I follow a few blogs and instagramers but mostly rely on talking to friends that are also involved in design.
4. What are your favourite tools?
My own two hands. Whether it is foam and a rasp, timber and chisels or concrete and a trowel, I like to drive the design and receive feedback through my own two hands.
5. What’s a problem you’d like to solve, big or small?
I’d like to help eliminate the negative experiences people have with objects. I’d like to be involved with design across a range of disciplines, furniture, medical, consumer products, etc.
6. In 3 words describe your experience of AUXILIARY.
Nurturing. Intense. Gratifying.