1. How did you get into design?
In 2011 I felt that I needed to change my career and get into a profession that I would love. In 2012 I started to study Industrial Design at QUT.
2. What is your favourite part of the design process?
When I come up with an idea and prepare a low-fi model to test if my idea is actually going to work. If the testing indicates a positive result, I start dancing.
3. What’s your go-to source for news or inspiration?
I use few sources and move from one to another until it works. I listen to a type of music that I would not normally listen to; I go on my verandah and get some fresh air for a while, I look at some illustration books that I own, and I try to get away from my computer.
4. What are your favourite tools?
I love using a drilling machine for either making models or fixing small things around the house. I also love using my Wacom Cintiq Tablet.
5. What’s a problem you’d like to solve, big or small?
I want to design meaningful and useful products, which are sustainable. I think the problem is that so many are doing the opposite.
6. In 3 words describe your experience of AUXILIARY.
Real, challenging, rewarding.